Firmware updates will periodically be made available to enhance the performance and compatibility of your Penrose. Here's a video we made to show the process.
To update your Penrose's firmware, just follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of Audeze HQ as instructed in this article. Make sure your device remains connected to the internet so it can download and apply the firmware package. (Windows is currently the only supported platform for FW updates, but Mac is coming soon.)
- IMPORTANT: Unplug the Penrose wireless dongle from the device you're using to perform the update! If the dongle is left plugged in for the update, there is a chance of bricking it or the Penrose itself. This would obviously cause a certain amount of inconvenience, so please take the extra step to remove the dongle.
- Connect a USB cable between your HQ-equipped, internet-connected source device and your Penrose. (Penrose does not need to be powered on.)
- Launch the Audeze HQ App. You may need to choose the Penrose Profile:
- Any stored EQ profiles will be reset to zero upon update. If you have any custom EQ profiles loaded, please save them to your hard drive before proceeding, so they can be reloaded after update. To do that, just click Save from the Preset you wish to save, then choose a name and folder to store them in. After the update, click Load and choose the file to refresh.
- Click the Firmware tab. If an update for your Penrose firmware is available, there will be a button as below. If there is no button, your firmware is already up to date.
- Click Update FW, and you'll see a popup status window as the update is installed. Once finished, click OK to continue, then power your Penrose on.
- If you saved any EQ presets as above, you may reload them as desired. Then you're ready to storm the castle in style!
If you cannot find the droids you’re looking for here or in our other useful support articles, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our friendly support reps will get in touch as soon as possible.