Firmware updates will periodically be made available to enhance the performance and compatibility of your Penrose. FW update is currently available on all three versions of the app (Android, Windows and Mac). Here's a video we made to show the process using a Windows machine. The process is just as simple on the other platforms.
To update your Penrose's firmware, just follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of Audeze HQ as instructed in this article. Make sure your device remains connected to the internet so it can download and apply the firmware package.
- IMPORTANT: Unplug the Penrose wireless dongle from the device you're using to perform the update! If the dongle is left plugged in for the update, there is a chance of bricking it or the Penrose itself. This would obviously cause a certain amount of inconvenience, so please take the extra step to remove the dongle.
- Any stored EQ profiles will be reset to zero upon update. If you have any custom EQ profiles loaded, please save them to the hard drive of your Windows or Mac computer before proceeding, so they can be reloaded after update.
- To update on PC/Mac: Connect a USB cable between your HQ-equipped, internet-connected machine and your Penrose. (Penrose does not need to be powered on.)
- Launch the Audeze HQ App. You may need to choose the Penrose Profile:
- To update using Android: Connect via Bluetooth to your powered-on Penrose, using your HQ-equipped phone/tablet. (You saved any EQ presets to your computer first, right?)
- Click the Settings tab. If an update for your Penrose firmware is available, there will be a button similar to below. If there is no button, your firmware is already up to date.
- Click Update FW, and you'll see a popup status window as the update is installed. Once finished, click OK to continue, then power your Penrose on.
- If you saved any EQ presets as above, you may reload them as desired using a Mac or Windows machine. Note that the Auto-Shutdown timer will also be reset to 10 minutes, so you can make any changes to that as desired. Then you're ready to storm the castle in style!
If you cannot find the droids you’re looking for here or in our other useful support articles, please email us at email@example.com, and one of our friendly support reps will get in touch as soon as possible.