Bluetooth (BT) is a convenient way to connect to compatible devices without using a USB port. Penrose uses the latest BT 5.0 technology, but keep in mind that BT will always be lossy, meaning audio quality is compromised for the sake of convenience. This is especially true if you use it for two-way communication, like talking on the phone with Mom or over a chat line with your spy network. There may also be additional latency, so sound and picture on videos may not sync correctly over BT.
To connect using Bluetooth:
- Turn Penrose on by pressing the Power Button for about three seconds.
- Single-click the Multi-Function Button until you hear the voice say “Bluetooth.”
- Double Click Penrose’s Power Button to put it in pairing mode. We find it best to click at a moderate speed, not too fast or slow: click, click. You should hear the "Pairing" voice prompt.
- Open the Bluetooth Settings on your source device, and ask it politely to look for new devices if needed. Check your device’s user guide for details (bet it’s not as fun as ours, though).
- Select Penrose on your source device, and you should hear Penrose say "Connected."
- Volume adjustments can be made via the source device and/or Penrose’s Volume Control wheel.
- Mic volume is adjusted by spinning the Mic Volume Control wheel.
- Now you can whisper your Rebel Secrets under cover of darkness (ssshhh!).
Here's a quick video we made showing the process with an Android phone. Other devices may appear differently on screen, but the basic process is the same.
You can use BT and the 2.4gHz wireless connection simultaneously on most devices. See this article for how to do that.
If you're looking for BT transmitter for your PC or TV etc: Most anything will work to some degree, but something like this would be the best option we know of at the moment. The main idea is to look for one that offers optimization for audio playback with low latency, and to avoid anything that appears to be "low power" or "low profile" since those will be fairly compromised for audio performance.
If you cannot find the droids you’re looking for here, please email us at email@example.com, and one of our friendly support reps will get in touch as soon as possible.