Installing and Using Reveal+
How do I install Reveal+?
To install the Reveal+ audio plugin, download the Reveal+ Plugin zip file. Once the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file to unzip and run the installer. The installer should prompt you to select which components you want to install, and the directory in which you would like to install them. Be sure you install the versions you need for your system (32 or 64 bit, .pkg for Mac or .exe for Windows).
I have installed Reveal+, how do I login?
- Open Reveal+ in your favorite DAW, or a MediaPlayer.
- Navigate to the Aural Map Tab on Reveal+
- The Aural Map tab is where you can upload your custom Aural Map, or HRTF. This will calibrate Reveal+ to your unique physiology to ensure a more accurate and immersive spatial listening experience!
- Click on “PLEASE LOGIN TO ACTIVATE AURAL MAP” or on the arrow on the top left corner to Login.
- Login with the email ID used when purchasing the product. Upon clicking "NEXT", you will receive a 6 digit PIN in your email. Enter the PIN in the appropriate field and click "NEXT" again.
I got the QR code in the plugin, How do I scan and submit my ear picture?
- You can scan the QR code by opening your smartphone camera app and pointing the camera to the QR code. You can also use any other QR code scanner app.
- Your smartphone camera will link the QR code to a unique URL. Click the URL to open the webpage on your smartphone browser.
- Click on “PLAY INSTRUCTIONS” to watch a short video on how to take the picture of your right ear. Click on “TAKE PICTURE” to capture the ear photo. Tap anywhere on the screen to capture.
- Once you submit the photo, the image gets uploaded to the cloud. Embody’s proprietary algorithms create the user’s personalized hearing profile using this image. At this stage, the app also verifies if the image submitted is a valid image. The app returns a success message once your personalized hearing profile is created from the image uploaded. You can now return to the Audeze Reveal+ Plugin on your laptop/desktop to complete the setup.
I have submitted my ear picture, How do I download my personalized profile in the plugin?
- Return to the plugin once you finish submitting the ear picture
- You will notice a “DONE” button appear below the QR code.
- Your personalized hearing profile will be downloaded followed by a SUCCESS page on clicking “DONE”.
- Click on “CLOSE” or “X” to download and activate your personalized spatial profile
How do I use Reveal+ with Logic?
- In your project, open the mixer by pressing X on your keyboard and locate the Audio FX section of your Stereo Out track.
- Select an empty plugin slot, then locate the Reveal plugin under Audio Units > Audeze > Reveal > Stereo in the dropdown menu.
How do I use Reveal+ with Reaper?
- Open the Mixer Window on Reaper and click on FX
- Select Reveal (Audeze) from either VST or VST3
How do I use Reveal+ with Media Players like JRiver?
- Make sure you have the latest JRiver software installed
- Open the Tools menu and select the DSP Studio button
- In DSP Studio dialog, select 'Manage Plug-ins'. Then click 'Add JRiver, VST, or Winamp Plug-in'. Navigate to the folder where the Reveal+ plugin is located and select Reveal.vst. Click Open to proceed.
- Once the plugin has been activated, the Graphic User Interface (GUI) should automatically open, allowing you to select the appropriate preset for your Audeze headphone. Select the gear icon on the top right to open up your plugin setting and ensure Reveal+ plugin is enabled.
What does the Mix knob mean in the PRESETS tab?
The Mix knob in the PRESETS tab controls the amount of Headphone EQ that you want in your output. We recommend setting the Mix to 100 as these EQs are highly optimized to maximize the sound quality of the corresponding headphones being used.
What does the Gain knob mean in the PRESETS tab?
The Gain knob in the PRESETS tab corresponds to the overall gain of the Stereo output. We recommend leaving at Zero (0), unless you experience level differences when engaging the plugin. In those cases, the Gain control can be used to offset any differences in volume level.
What does the STUDIO/SPEAKER BROWSER refer to in the AURAL MAP tab?
The STUDIO/SPEAKER BROWSER can be used to choose the reference studios that you may want to virtually listen to. In addition, you can compare between different monitor speakers in the studio.
How do I turn on AURAL MAP?
You can turn the switch to “ON” under AURAL MAP as shown in the screenshot below. Note that the control panel would be activated only after you login successfully with a valid license.
What do GENERIC and PERSONAL Profile mean?
GENERIC profile in the Reveal+ plugin is the D2 subject from the SADIE database. This is one of the most commonly used GENERIC HRTFs in the field of Spatial Audio. This setting is provided for comparison purposes, but most users will find the PERSONAL setting to be much more accurate.
PERSONAL profile here is your unique personalized profile that Reveal+ AI engine has predicted based on the right ear image that was submitted. This is the recommended setting for best sound quality.
What does the AMBIENCE slider mean?
AMBIENCE refers to the amount of reflections of the studio that you may want to have in your mix. We recommend an AMBIENCE setting between 3 to 5.
I am not able to click my ear picture correctly.
Please follow these steps:
Bring the selfie camera close to your face so that your face fills the screen.
Look left so that your right ear gets exposed to the camera.
Make sure that nothing blocks your ear, especially hair.
Tap anywhere on the screen to capture an image.
I just bought a Trial/Purchase license on the Audeze webstore, but I have not received the download link to the plugin.
Download links to the plugin are sent to your registered email address. Please also check your spam or other folders. If you’ve checked all inboxes and don’t find the download email, please write to us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
I did not receive my PIN in my email.
- Check Spam and other folders in your inbox
- Click on Resend PIN
- If you still haven't received your PIN, write to us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
I am getting the error “Please check your internet connection and try again”, but I am well connected to the internet.
It is possible that some kind of firewall is blocking it. Please verify that and get back to us if the problem persists.
I am using older versions of Pro Tools such as 12.7.1 and earlier. Pro Tools is crashing when downloading an HRTF.
This is a known issue. There are two workarounds for this :
- Solution 1: Upgrade to a newer version of Pro Tools
- Solution 2: Use any other plug-in host (Reaper, Logic, etc.) available on the system to download the HRTF. The HRTF will then be available in Pro Tools the next time you open it.
VST3's loaded in my host DAW show only a portion of the UI, rendering the plug-in unusable.
Some DAW hosts on Windows have incomplete HiDPI awareness implementations, such as Reaper 6: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2211751.
- Solution 1: Use the VST2.4 version of the plug-in instead, which will render correctly. This will preserve the HiDPI look of the DAW itself
- Solution 2: If the VST3 version is needed, disable HiDPI awareness in the DAW if possible. In the case of Reaper 6, go to:
Options → Preferences... → General → Advanced UI/system tweaks... and change HiDPI mode... to Unaware.
Close and Re-open Reaper and the VST3 window will load correctly
In rare cases on new installations of Windows, the Reveal+ plug-in cannot be scanned or run without installing MSVCP140.dll, which can be installed using the package below.
This is a known issue. Please install this package:
Install the package and clear cache/re-scan plug-ins
I am unable to type into the e-mail Text Editor in the plugin.
In rare cases, with some hosts it is not possible to type into the e-mail Text Editor (i.e. Wavelab 7, 32-bit VST only, macOS only)
- Solution 1: Use another plug-in type (in this case, 32-bit VST3 does not exhibit the issue)
- Solution 2: Type the e-mail address into another Text Editor and then right click into the Reveal Text Editor and use the context menu to paste the e-mail address
I am trying to update from a previous version of Reveal+, but the plugin is not auto-updating as it should.
This sometimes happens in certain host applications. Here are steps to update manually.
1) Close the plugin and quit your DAW (or player)
2) Install the proper package for your OS here:
3) Reopen DAW (or player) and the plugin, you will find the latest version of Reveal+
I need help!