Greetings Traveler! There could be a few different issues at play that may cause Mobius' battery to drain when plugged in via USB. Here are some things to check that may help:
- The USB port your Mobius is plugged into may not be supplying enough power to charge the battery. This is particularly true with USB hubs and laptop ports that may not provide full power at all times.
- Some computer USB ports do not provide power in "Sleep" or other power-saving modes.
- If your Mobius is connected to a Bluetooth device, this requires extra power which may drain the battery faster than your USB port can replenish it (see above).
- Mobius has an operating mode that turns off USB charging, so if that's engaged, your Mobius will not charge until powered off.
- If Mobius is left plugged in to a USB port (even if it's turned off), there is still an open circuit to the battery. So if no power is is flowing to recharge the battery, electricity can flow backwards and actually drain the battery. This seems to be system dependent, so if it's happening in your system, the best way to prevent battery drain is to unplug Mobius from the USB port.
To be sure your Mobius is operating with full battery charge, power Mobius off and plug into a wall-socket charging block of at least one Amp until the red light on the left earcup goes out (about 3 hours from 0% to 100%). Mobile phone chargers are usually good for this purpose.
You can get a fairly accurate picture of Mobius' charge level with the Audeze HQ app.
If you have any additional questions regarding your Mobius, please peruse the other support articles located in our Help Center. If you cannot find the answer you seek there, please feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.