If your Mobius is plugged into USB and you switch modes, and if one of the modes says 'Stereo', you already have the latest and greatest firmware. You need not update firmware and we don’t recommend it.
Warning: Do not attempt this update if you are running Windows on a virtual machine, and do not use external or internal USB hubs to minimize the risk of failure.
Firmware Version Check:
- Connect your mobius via USB
- Press the microphone volume dial for 3 seconds to switch audio mode
- Listen to the voice prompt for the 'Stereo' audio mode
- Repeat this process until you have cycled through all the available audio modes. If your Mobius has the 'Stereo' audio mode it is up to date - DO NOT upgrade firmware
Greetings Traveler! Mobius has now reached the stage where we are able to make software updates and improvements over the virtual airwaves of the modern internet! In order to do this yourself, you will need four things:
- Your Mobius (this should be obvious, but we thought we'd mention it anyway)
- A Windows PC computing machine on which you have Administrator Access capabilities (no other variety will be able to complete the updates, so please keep your fruit-flavored computer closed for this operation)
- The latest Audeze HQ app installed on the above-mentioned machine (see this article for instructions on installation)
- The latest Firmware update file, which can be downloaded here.
Once you have these three items in your cache, here are the steps to guide you through the process:
- Plug your Mobius directly into your Windows PC via a USB cable. Do not use any external USB hubs, and if possible, connect to the USB port on your computer that's closest to your mother-board.
- Make sure both devices are turned on, and slide the Mobius' Mic Mute switch down to the Mute position.
- Launch the Audeze HQ app in Administrator Mode by right-clicking on the icon in its destination folder and choosing "Run as administrator." Admin mode is required for Firmware updates, if you are not able to access this mode on your machine, please use a different machine that allows access.
- Click the FIRMWARE tab toward the upper right of the HQ app, then click the blue Update FW button that appears on the left:
- If you have not already done so, a message should appear that prompts you to turn the Mic Mute switch to MUTE (down). If you have done this, a message will appear asking you to lay Mobius flat with the earpads facing down. These steps are supremely important so as not to disrupt the function of Mobius' internal gyroscopes, accelerometers and other internal gizmos, which can cause a rift in the fabric of the universe. DO NOT move Mobius while the firmware update is in progress:
- Once you've acknowledged this by clicking OK, you'll be prompted to select the firmware update file (.mfw), which should be in the folder of your choosing when you downloaded the file in item 4 above. Navigate to that mfw file and click Open:
- Once the proper file has been chosen, you'll see the update progress in a pop-up window on the HQ app, and once the update is complete a message will appear asking you to disconnect and power-cycle Mobius. At this stage, you should really do what you are asked to do, as we don't want your computer to become vexed:
- Unplug the USB cable from Mobius and hold down the power button for a few seconds to turn Mobius back on.
- Congratulations! You have successfully updated the firmware and may now resume use of your Mobius as desired.
If the installer should encounter any problems during the operation, you may get an error message, or your Mobius may no longer be recognized by your computer. In case of this, we have added a Recover button that will appear as pictured below. Just click the button if needed and follow any instructions that may appear. Then your Mobius should be ready to update again.
If you have any additional questions regarding your Mobius, please peruse the other support articles located in our Help Center. If you cannot find the answer you seek there, please feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.