Below are some troubleshooting suggestions in case you're having trouble getting your Cipher cable to connect to your iDevice:
- Clean the Lightning port on your iDevice and the connector on the Cipher cable using a clean soft rag or pipe cleaner and a little electronics contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol. This will help remove any debris or oxidization that can create an intermittent connection.
- When you plug in the Lightning cable, does your iOS device give you any warning such as "Cannot recognize device" or "No Cable?" If so, try turning the Lightning cable connector 180 degrees and plug it in again.
- Quit any unused Lightning-enabled apps before launching the Audeze app. This can help with any potential conflict issues.
- Unplug the Cipher cable and quit the Audeze app, restart your device and try again. This solves a majority of issues.
- Delete and reinstall the Audeze app. This should be a quick process since the app is stored in your iCloud.
- If you have multiple devices, please try as many of them as possible to make sure the issue is not dependent on your main device.
- Please update to the latest official iOS version via Settings>General>Software Update and try again after restarting your device. The latest Apple updates often contain fixes for known issues.
- If you're using a Beta version of iOS, this is the most likely cause of any issues as Apple doesn't account for third party Lightning connection when developing Beta versions. To gain full use, you'll need to revert back to the latest official iOS version.
- There are now two versions of the Audeze app, so depending on which headphones and cable you're using, you may need to download the other version of the app for it to function properly: The standard Audeze app works with EL-8, SINE and 3-button iSINE Cipher cables. The "Audeze HQ" app works ONLY with the 4-button iSINE Cipher cable.
- If you're certain you have the correct version of the app installed, be sure you have the latest Audeze firmware. To update firmware, tap the gear in the upper right or bottom center of the Audeze app when the cable is plugged in. Tap "Update Firmware" if it's not greyed out and the app will walk you through the update process. Make sure you have a full and steady WiFi connection before updating firmware. The process should only take a few minutes at most, but sometimes multiple attempts are needed (this is an Apple issue and they know about it).
If you're still having issues, we recommend you seek a replacement from your local dealer or distributor. You can find a list here: http://www.audeze.com/dealers-list
If that's not a possibility, please email us at email@example.com.